Tomorrow is the day of the ultrasound. The past week has been pretty normal and I haven’t really been occupied by thougths about it. But since yesterday it is creeping back into my mind. Not really strange, since it is getting closer, but very confusing once again. I keep going back and forth in my mind about the things I feel.
Yesterday I got a bit emotional about it, because I can’t seem to explain what it feels like to feel one thing, but not feel ready or able to really trust that feeling. I’m so afraid of being fooled by my body. Rationally I know all the signs are there. Rationally I don’t have any doubts. The facts are so obvious and clear.
It’s just emotionally that I don’t seem to be able to trust my body. I know that on the outside that is really hard to understand. It’s even more difficult to explain it. But it feels very lonely to be the only one understanding it.
So yeah, I’ll be very happy when things are over and done with after tomorrow night. At least I’ll know where we stand. Only two scenarios possibles. Either I am or I’m not pregnant
In the first case I think we will both cry of happiness. I will be able to trust my body again, having been reassured that I wasn’t wrong in what I felt. Finally be able to talk to people about it. It has been really strange to not talk to my mom about this all
In the second scenario I also predict a lot of tears. We both have been so happy with this news and are so ready to start a family. But like I’ve said before, at least we’ll know. And we will deal with it, no matter how sad we’ll be.
So in a little over 24 hours things will be more clear. I have never, ever wanted 24 hours to pass by more quickly than I do today...
Tuesday, 7 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wishing you all the best, Cookie. I hope everything's OK. Keeping my fingers crossed!
ReplyDelete